Sunday, December 21, 2008

The North Wind.

I'm feeling that North Wind start to tug again. I'm feeling at times a gentle nudge and at other times a strong pull to be on the move again. Will this gypsy blood of mine ever settle down?

I am content. Truly. For the first time I have really learned and been given the grace to live out that secret to being content. Is it 100% of the time? No. But 89.2%? Yes.

Even with this contentment with what I have and where I am at I find still that I am unsettled with who I am and what I am accomplishing. There has got to be more that He has called me to do than to "get by" when it comes to work.

I am odd. I recognize this fact. But I think it is partly that oddity that I have cause to wonder what specific tasks He has formed me to be able to accomplish.

Time is flying by. I have been given this season where I am relatively free of obligation. Nothing is really tying me down to any specific place or position. I want to make the most of this time. I want to be productive.

My desire is to be used by Him, for His glory. What am I doing now that could be classified as such?

I cry out, "here am I! Send me!" but I do not know where to go.

No comments: