Monday, February 11, 2008

.Do you know who I am?.

Pasta. Meatballs. Garlic. Wine. Loud. Hands. The Godfather.

I am very proud of my Italian heritage. Anyone who knows me for any length of time probably could attest to it. I enjoy the culture, the history (for the most part), the traditions, the food... I love it all.

I found myself thinking about this again today, not for the first time and certainly not for the last.
How many people know that I'm Italian? How many people know that I'm a Christian?

Which one is of greater importance to me? Which one do I take more pride in? Which one do I identify myself by?

Most people who I come in contact with will know, before too much time has passed, of my Italian heritage.

How many will know of my Christian heritage?

Thoughts I'm thinking.

No comments: