Sunday, January 3, 2010

I will be 25...someday.

I once was the girl who built her life around resolutions. New Years was a big time for me. Now, well...I've embraced the truth that His mercies "are new every morning." I don't have to wait for a new year, a new month or a new week to "start over fresh." I finish out the day, lay my head on my pillow, close my eyes and breathe out a sigh. When I open them again, it is a fresh new beginning.

I like this.

However, I am realizing that a pivitol point is approaching for me. In just under five months, I will be turning 25. I will be able to rent a car, have less to pay for my insurance and will have released the last vestige of childhood. I will be an adult.

Apparently, some are already under the delusion that I am an adult. I'm enjoying the charade.

These next few months are going to go by speedily. I have made up my mind to accomplish a small list of things before that day arrives. Not a bucket list...more like an espresso mug list. Though perfecting my espresso making is not on the list.

I had in mind to post the list - but I think I'm going to enjoy the deliciousness of a secret for a little while. I enjoy secrets. Little ones, not big ones. Big ones give me indigestion. But I digress.

I have 131 days left before I mark through a quarter of a century. This will take some planning.

No comments: