Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ah Blogging, I've missed you...

...and for the record, I've missed journaling too.

I don't know how people live without journaling or blogging. How do they remember everything they've experienced, thought, learned and grown from? I'd have lost half of me by now if it wasn't recorded for me to go back over. I have lost parts of me, my past that has helped form me, by my poor consistency in journaling but I have a large part summarized and preserved. (Not always a glamorous thing to be sure.)

At the moment I want to record the fact that I am content. And excited. And hopeful. And tired. And a little achy. And tired. And happy to have this time with family. And sad about the loss of Aunt Deb. And content. And excited.

Yes, and now that it is recorded I can relax and stop thinking about it. It's actually kind of scary how much of a verbal processor I am. I should have a minion who can follow me around and record everything I say. No wait. That's a bad idea. I prefer to have the ability to edit what I save.

At this point I am in fact rambling. But it feels good to be rambling again with the click-clack-click of the keyboard keys beneath my fingertips and the bright blueish light of the computer screen reflecting back on my face. It is a similar feeling to a clean sheet of paper and a nice pen when I'm journaling.

Sigh.

I am content. And excited. Ah - I won't start that up again.

God is gracious. He is surrounding this family with His grace and peace during a truly gut-wrenching time. I'm glad that I'm here with my grandma, uncle, cousins and their kids. Ah my cousin's kids are fantastic! All boys, ages 5, 6, 8 and 9. They think I'm cool! I'm loving it.

God is good - so life is as well.

No comments: